Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Has anyone ever had problems when they used an IUD form of birth control?

I am on Mirena and it is causing major back pain and major cramping I called the doctor and he said it was normal Has anyone experieced this type of problem with this or is it normal Has anyone ever had problems when they used an IUD form of birth control?
I had back pain for 10 months. The whole time I had my 2nd IUD in. I also gained 30+ pounds during the 10 months with no diet and exercises change. I also had bad acne. I had it removed 6/19/08 and since then my acne has cleared up, back pain gone instantly and lost 20 poundsHas anyone ever had problems when they used an IUD form of birth control?
I must admit, it was a nuisiance the first two months, but mostly my cramping came and went as it pleased. The most annoying thing for me, however, was that I kept spotting almost continously for almost two months! Everytime I thought I had finally stopped and could get back down to business with my hubby, surprise! There it was again...


The first two months I didn't know which was just spotting and which were my periods...


Then a couple of weeks before my third month the spotting and cramping stopped. I had a normal (bordering on heavy) period, then everything okay, and I haven't gotten my period again! It's been about 5 months...


I am so freaking happy now!


It's so worth it (I was beginning to think it wasn't at first, but now...)





The only complaint my husband has had since then was that the strings kept hurting him (they are kind of rough on the edge and plastic-E) After much um... experimentation, and um... adjusting... we managed to place the strings where I could still find them, but they wouldn't scratch him any more...





Take lots of Advil and/or Pamprim if you want to give the IUD a chance... It isn't for everybody. My co-worker had it inserted after she gave birth to her little girl, and didn't keep it because of the pain... Now, she is a lot smaller than me, but on the other hand, I've never been pregnant...


You could also get him to prescribe some muscle relaxers (I already had some, cause I suffer backaches occasionally- not period related)


So I used some of those when it got a bit out of hand...





I am telling you, If you can get past the first three months (without complications, of course) it will be so worth it!





Good Luck, hon...
If you just got it, then it's normal to experience some cramping for a few weeks. Mine went away for the most part, but then for a while if I sat wrong or something I'd get a twinge. Eventually that went away too.





If it's an ongoing problem for you, then you might want to consider having it removed. I know some people don't tolerate them well (though I think mine's awesome).
I got my Mirena two weeks ago. I cramped badly for about a week. This week, I'm experiencing crazy emotional side effects. I laugh! I cry! I become homicidal!





The cramping is normal, it might go on for a while as the IUD settles.
yes, unfortunatly, MANY women have their IUD's removed because of all the discomfort. I had major discomfort but dr thought it was endometriosis. He found out it wasn't and suggested removing my IUD. BIG difference.
I had a friend with the same problem and it made her so sick that they had to remove it. It can give you PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). So maybe you should ask him to check your va-jay-jay out or even get a second opinion.
The cramping is normal for the first few months after it's inserted. I know I cramped every day for a month when I first got it. But after a while the pain should fade.
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment