Wednesday, May 12, 2010

鈥淗ow might the belief in reincarnation provide a form of social control in the religion of Hinduism?'; ?

I think reincarnation gives people peace of mind. If you don't achieve what you are meant to in this life you have plenty of opportunity in the next and next etc. I mean have you ever done something you wished you hadn't? I for one would like to change somethings I have said and done, make different choices. For me I had a near death experience and I know I am different because of it. I have no fear of dying and I think that is what a belief in reincarnation gives you NO FEAR.


FEAR = False Evidence Appearing Real鈥淗ow might the belief in reincarnation provide a form of social control in the religion of Hinduism?'; ?
one of the goals of being reincarnated is to ... give yourself a promotions ... kinda...


you want to get to the next better level when you come back....so by not following the religious belief and the rules to live by you slip...and can go down or come back right where you in this life...


so with this I think they are able to have some form of social control...


if the mass believes this and practices this then it is a tool for control..


unfortunately in a country like the US is will not work because it is a melting pot of many religions and practices...


鈥淗ow might the belief in reincarnation provide a form of social control in the religion of Hinduism?'; ?
Reincarnation (or heaven, for that matter) gets people to believe that their rewards lie in the next life, so you don't have to bother striving for anything in particular in this life, like social justice or other things that are inconvenient to the powerful in any society.

No comments:

Post a Comment