Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I have an IUD as a form of birth control however, I am not sure my body is adjusting. Can someone help?

How can I eliminate the frequent periods? I have cramping, headaches, and sometimes become very moody. Does anyone know of another form of birth control other than the pill, or the patch. Neither one of these methods works for me either.I have an IUD as a form of birth control however, I am not sure my body is adjusting. Can someone help?
I have been on the IUD for almost 8 months now. I had almost constant bleeding until about a month ago. I was constantly cramping too and have felt like i live in a permanent state of PMS. I am thinking about switching over to the Depo shot but what I have heard is that you can't take it for over 2 years because it is linked to bone mass density loss. I doubt I will be able to remember to take the pill everyday so I am at a loss on what to take myself. I have researched the implant, Implanon, which has just been approved by the FDA after they stopped using Norplant. (in case you don't know, it is a small rod about the size of a matchstick that is implanted in the under side of your arm.) It lasts about 3 yrs but I have read ALOT of testimony from women that say they had months on months of bleeding or would have no period for over a year and then get it no stop. There is also the Nuva ring that you wear inside for 3 weeks. The female diaphragm. That's about all I can think of, hope you find something that works for you!I have an IUD as a form of birth control however, I am not sure my body is adjusting. Can someone help?
Have you tried the Depo Provera shot? It eliminates periods. You have to get it (the injection) once every 3 months though.
Whats left?


The Nuvaring: You put it in and leave it in for 3 weeks. Then throw it out and go without it for 1 week. Then put in a new one.





Implanon: This is inserted just under the skin in your upper arm. How ever, 11% of women have it removed due to excesive bleeding.





Depo Provera: This is an injection you get every 3 months. I do not recomend this to any one because I do not like one of it's side effects. May cause bone lose, higher risk of Osteoperosis.
You need a shot of vitamin Me.
I had an IUD once for a few months..it was terrible..cramping, pain and bleeding. Pills are the best but there is also a shot you can take.

No comments:

Post a Comment