Friday, May 14, 2010

Is Plan B a form of birth control?

This is an opinion question as I see Plan B questions here a lot. What do you think of Plan B? Personally, I feel like it is used by many many people as a form of birth control (as there are better forms of birth control on the market). I'm not opposed to it, but I am opposed to it for this purpose. I would just like to hear other thoughts.Is Plan B a form of birth control?
If the condom breaks or you were raped, or 'wasted' and don't remember what happens, etc.. Take it. Not for birth control purposes, but to prevent something that shouldn't have happened in the beginning.. and something that you couldn't totally control.





Personally, if it's used otherwise.. I don't think it's a form of birth control.. I think it's a form of irresponsibility. If you are going to have sex.. Either take REAL birth control and/or use condoms.Is Plan B a form of birth control?
The morning-after pill 鈥?a form of emergency birth control 鈥?is used to prevent a woman from becoming pregnant after she has had unprotected vaginal intercourse. Morning-after pills are generally considered safe, but many women are unaware that they exist. Here's how the morning-after pill works.





Human conception rarely occurs immediately after intercourse. Instead, it occurs as long as several days later, after ovulation. During the time between intercourse and conception, sperm continue to travel through the fallopian tube until the egg appears. So taking emergency birth control the ';morning after'; isn't too late to prevent pregnancy.





The active ingredients in morning-after pills are similar to those in birth control pills, except in higher doses. Some morning-after pills contain only one hormone, progestin (Plan B), and others contain two, progestin and estrogen. Progestin prevents the sperm from reaching the egg and keeps a fertilized egg from attaching to the wall of the uterus (implantation). Estrogen stops the ovaries from releasing eggs (ovulation) that can be fertilized by sperm.





The morning-after pill is designed to be taken within 72 hours of intercourse with a second dose taken 12 hours later. Side effects may include nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, fatigue and headache. According to the Food and Drug Administration, the morning-after pill is 80 percent effective in preventing pregnancy after a single act of unprotected sex.





Morning-after pills aren't the same thing as the so-called abortion pill, or mifepristone (Mifeprex). Emergency contraceptive pills prevent pregnancy. The abortion pill terminates an established pregnancy 鈥?one that has attached to the uterine wall and has already begun to develop.





Plan B is available to women 18 years and older without a prescription at most pharmacies. Women must show proof of age to purchase Plan B. For women 17 years old and younger, Plan B is available with a doctor's prescription.
I think that if you are raped, have a condom break, or a victim of incest, than the morning after pill is the way to go. I don't like the fact that people are being so careless about sex and relying on this ';plan B';.


Plan B, means Plan A failed. Not using any protection is not Plan A, that's no plan. Alot of women try this pill as a means of birth control, that is true. But, since you asked, I think that is careless and irresponsible. People need to accept responsibilty for their actions. BTW- I have a cousin who tried ';Plan B'; and had a baby with Special Needs. What's Plan B for that?
Yes, it is birth control, and it's very sad. I used it one time a couple of years ago before my husband and I got married... and now I have some regrets. However, I don't think I was actually ovulating then, but I was scared never the less.





Girls use it as bc because it's so easy to get now. You can go to Target, Walmart, Walgreen's pharmacies, etc. and get it right over the counter. There are so many things wrong with our kids today, because the last batch of kids that became parents had no idea what they were doing.





It's not getting any better, it's getting worse. So, it's either Plan B and abortions, or a whole generation of screwed up kids with 14 year old parents who never wanted them... all because parents don't take responsibility for their kids anymore. Sad.
I personally have taken twice when the condom broke. We (it was with my ex) were using protection because we knew we were not ready for a child. I do hear of people taking it on a regular basis which is scary. Who knows what that would do to you body after a while. When I took it, it made me feel really weird and not myself for a couple days. I know you can get it over the counter now in the US but wouldnt it just be easier to get on birth control or use condoms?
Plan B isn't a form of birth control nor should it be used as one. It has to be taken within 72 hours of having unprotected sex and each time you take it it has a lesser chance of working. For example the first time you take it it has an 85% chance that it will work and each time you take it the percentage that it will work decreases.
It shouldn't be used as birth control. It is to help protect you from getting preggo from unprotected sex. It is alot cheaper and safer to use the pill or shot than to use Plan B all the time. Girls now days are being careless with there bodies, I met a woman who had 7 abortions in 3 years. She told me that it's her form of birthcontrol. Now, I do support abortion and Plan B but I don't support stupid women having abortions 12 times a year or using Plan B every month.
If Plan B is considered birth control, it's lazy birth control. It is supposed to be used only in emergency situations, i.e. condom breaks, rape, etc. Actual birth control is something that is taken or used to actively prevent conception, suck as ';the pill'; or condoms. People who just rush for the Plan B without taking any other preventative measures shouldn't even be having sex!!
hmm..now that i think of it..Its kinda like an abortion pill. If you conceived that night. I guess...It stops it from fertilizing the egg? Or stops it from pregressing after it is already fertilized?


I think its not really a birth control. Just for ppl who want to have sex but not take control of their outcomes.
It's actually like the morning contraception pill from what I've learned. You must take it within 72 hours after intercourse, to stop the chance of pregnancy. The best time to take it is within 24 hours for a better chance of stopping the chance of pregnancy.
It wouldn't be my birth control choice. Personally I'd much prefer prevention rather than a ';whoops'; situation and plan b after.
I dont think it is a form of Birth control.. I think its bad if you take it everyday! The Pill is the best thing!!
No
  • chemical face peel
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment