Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What is the best form of birth control?

I want my daughter to see the optionsWhat is the best form of birth control?
I dont know how old your daughter is, however, I believe that it is easy for anyone (any age) to forget to take the birth control pill. I, myself, am on the Depo-Provera shot and I love it. I dont have to worry to remember to take a pill everyday, just a shot every 3 months. I have heard of the patch putting people at risk for blood clots. The most important thing is that she must also use a condom because they are what protect you from STDs. Also, birth controls tend to lose their effect when antibiotics are being used. So basically, I think the shot is the best and she'll only have a period the week before her shot, or maybe even less than that.What is the best form of birth control?
I don't know if there really is a ';best'; form. It depends on what you are using it for. If you are not in a steady relationship with someone, but do have casual sex, I would say using both the pill and a condom are the best way to prevent pregnancy. I only use the pill because I've been with my husband for 4 years. We are in a monogamous relationship and it's only used to prevent pregnancy. For most young girls, I would suggest using condoms because it can be used right before intercourse and you don't need to remember to take a pill everyday to prevent pregnancy. There is nothing wrong with girls carrying condoms now days. It's better to be prepared than to expect the guy to remember.
While abstinence is a great idea, it is unrealistic. if someone is going to have sex then they are going to do it whether you give them permission or not. It would be wise to teach her how to protect herself just in case. i think the pill is a good option for someone who is just starting birth control. if she has trouble remembering a pill every day then i would suggest the nuva ring. it is a vaginal ring and it stays in place for 3 weeks. Don't forget about condoms. she can protect herself from pregnancy but she also needs to protect herself from STD's
Most people like the pill + condoms.


There are other options like the shot.. which seems to have a lot of side effects


The patch.. Visible and irritating


The ring - Hard to do yourself


IUD - Expensive.. Pretty mixed responses on this one.





Being on the pill and using condoms is probably your best bet though.. I love the pill.. Helps with periods, and condoms just for backup :)
Aspirin.





Teach her that every time she is alone with a boy, she should place one between her knees - and keep it there.





You would be wise to teach her that abstinence is always the best and most mature choice.
Hi, You can try talking about safe sex first and using a condom, as the pill will only stop her getting pregnant but won't stop her catching aids or other sexually transmitted viruses.


Good luck





Ralphy
abstinence!
best thing is to ask your doctor. they should know best.


i'm on the pill and personally i like this one. but then again i haven't tried anything else so i can't really say
pulling out is my favorite... but i do have 3 kids bc of it :(

No comments:

Post a Comment