Wednesday, January 20, 2010

How long do you have to take Loestrin24fe before you can have sex without another form of birth control?

I'm in a monogamous relationship and STD's aren't the main concern.How long do you have to take Loestrin24fe before you can have sex without another form of birth control?
This really depends on when you started taking Loestrin. If you've taken a previous birth control pill before, then you'd be covered immediately if you started loestrin after the previous pills.





Also, if you started Loestrin on the FIRST day of your last period, then you are also immediately protected.





But, you'll have to check with your own doctor to make sure, only because my doctor told me first starting out, after I've taken 2 whole packs, and my sister-in-law recently was prescribed Loestrin, and her doctor said after 12 days. But the pamphlet for Loestrin says 7 days. So I'd say you'll probably be fine after 7-12 days. Call to make sure though if you are worried :)





Hope this helpsHow long do you have to take Loestrin24fe before you can have sex without another form of birth control?
try for a month that way you know the birth control has been in your system that long then try using a condom for about a month then after that you should be fine :)
I think it is 3 months..

No comments:

Post a Comment