Friday, January 22, 2010

I am using an IUD form of birth control. Any thoughts or ideas?

I have been using this form of birth control since April of thise year. It is the one that carries hormones not the copper kind. But my periods have been messed up and irregular. For example, my last period was a month and a half, 10 days of no bleeding and now I am on it again but tomorrow will be day 14. I was on depo before changing and I have a period evey 3 months, but this sucks! Any thoughts on what to do or ideas on what would help this issue get resolved. I know the whole doctor thing duh... But I am way way busy with work and such so I would like to try something other then make the appointment first. Thanks in advance and only serious answers please.I am using an IUD form of birth control. Any thoughts or ideas?
You need to see the doctor - there is not anything that you can do on your own. It is always better to be safe then sorry. I used the Progestasert for 9 years off and on and never had that happen, as a matter of fact my periods were shorter and lighter. Everyone is different, but I would still get it checked your health is very important. One doctors visit can save you a lot of time later if you get sickI am using an IUD form of birth control. Any thoughts or ideas?
Don't worry this is normal it is your body's way of adjusting to the hormones in the IUD. It may take a few months to adjust and your period may be irregular. but once your body is use to the hormones it will start getting better..
If you want guaranteed regular periods, go on the pill, patch, or nuva ring. But, according to the mirena website, usually the excessive bleeding ends after 3-6 months. You can wait a little longer and see if it stops or you can have it taken out and go on another method. Here's the mirena website that shows that info:





http://www.mirena-us.com/freedomeverymon鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment