Sunday, January 24, 2010

Could any ladies out there let me know what they think of the IUD as a form of birth control?

Can any ladies out there who has/had an IUD in the past/present tell me if it's worth getting. I need some form of birth control but don't want to take the pill. I was never consistent with the pill and would always forget to take it. ThanksCould any ladies out there let me know what they think of the IUD as a form of birth control?
I have a non-hormonal copper IUD coil fitted at the moment (which was fitted back in january) the insertion was slightly painful but if you don't want to go on the pill and condoms don't really fit in with your relationship then it is the only option. You need to be in a long term relationship though as it is not advised to sleep around with a iud





I wrote a review a few months back on ciao about the IUD if you want to take a read of my opinion:





http://www.ciao.co.uk/Nova_T_380__Review鈥?/a>





Personally it was my only option I have alot of medical problems that doctors don't know the cause and I didn't want any more hormones as they just hinder the problem and condoms really don't work in our relationship..





if you don't mind the slight pain on insertion I'd say it is a good choice and don't have to worry about it for 5 years.Could any ladies out there let me know what they think of the IUD as a form of birth control?
As with anything, the IUD experience varies from woman to woman, but I had the Merena IUD inserted in March, and after months of total misery, I had it removed in August. Some women love it, but my experience was much different.





I started bleeding 3 days after I had it put in, and then bled for 2 months straight. After that, my periods became 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off, when before the IUD I have very regular 28 days cycles with only 4 days of bleeding. Even when I wasn't bleeding, I had constant cramping in my back, almost like early labor. The next day, after having it removed, the cramping was gone and my periods went back to normal.





I would never have an IUD again.
I have the Paragard copper IUd and I LOVE IT. I HATE hormones though, they make me insane and give me headaches and such, so I hated them so much that I decided I would NEVER take them again and I got a copper IUD. NO HORMONES no stupid hormonal side effects. It can be left in place for ten years and the only side effect is heavier more painful periods which I was personally willing to trade to NOT have headaches, low sex drive, weight gain, irritability, not to mention the serious risks involved with taking hormonal BC like blood clot, heart attack and stroke. I have had mine for almost three months and yeah, the insertion hurt a bit and I have had random cramps since them, none too bad except for the first couple of days. I think it is a great idea and I think it is totally worth it. Here is a good IUD website with a lot of personal experience stories, it really helped me a lot in my decision to get one.http://community.livejournal.com/iud_div鈥?/a>
I don't know about the IUD but I have the arm implant. I love it!! It lasts 3 years and you can't even feel it going in and don't know it's there at all. Plus I rarely have periods now (yay!) and if I do they're light xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment