Sunday, January 24, 2010

What form of Birth Control can be started without waiting for a menstrual period..??

I have a doctors appointment tomorrow, and I will be asking the doctor for Birth Control. I haven't taken Birth Control in several years. but I really want to start it as soon as possible. My monthly period just ended, so I dont want to wait another whole month to start a birth control method, what options would I have besides just condoms..??What form of Birth Control can be started without waiting for a menstrual period..??
sorry i'm not much help.. i have the same issue though my appt isn't till tuesday morning when i will be hopefully getting my prescription..





Also do you have to wait till a certain time in your cycle to start the pills or can you start anytime you please?





my period just ended this weekend does this mean i can't start the pills till next month?What form of Birth Control can be started without waiting for a menstrual period..??
Yes pills can be taken without waiting for your period, but that is usually if they haven't had one in a while.





Since it just ended, they might tell you to take it next Sunday. Ask them at the appointment.
Make sure that you ask your doctor when the pills will become effective. In the meantime the easiest thing would be to use condoms plus a birth control gel or foam. You will need to have these on hand for times that you are on certain meds such as antibiotics which render the birth control pills ineffective.

No comments:

Post a Comment