Friday, January 22, 2010

Which form of Birth Control Should I get?

I have a hard time remembering to take pills. I am terribly affraid to gain weight. I want the most effective one concerning pregnancy prevention with the least hormones. i am concidering the shot or IUD. Have any advice. Good, bad experiences. I want to hear them all.Which form of Birth Control Should I get?
I think you should talk to your doctor I can say from experience that the shot has a high dose of hormones and will likely cause you to gain weight at least it did for me


And the IUD thing I just wouldn't go that route I had one and it perforated my uterus and is now in my abdominal cavity and I have had 2 surgery's with no luck to remove it now I will be having my next surgery this December where they will have to make a 4-6 inch incision in my stomach which sucks I sooooooo wish I had listen to everyone when they told me not tot get the merina IUD or any IUD for that matter hope this helps youWhich form of Birth Control Should I get?
i think you should talk to a doctor of the risks for each one.some do fine on one kind ,while others dont.
Don't even consider the shot. If you're looking for a low-dose birth control, the shot is NOT it.





Try something like NuvaRing, it's worked wonderfully for me. There's also an implant called Implanon, which just recently came back onto the U.S. market. The ring is also considered more effective than most pills because you can't forget to take one one day.
IUD is a good form of birth control if you have already have had children if not your dr will probably not let you get one. I have one it has no effect on weight loss or gain ..hormones may be a possibility since I have the mirena which has a low amount of hormones . I highly recommend it although you will probably have spotting or bleeding for 1 month straight then it tapers off and you barely have a period check this website www.merena.com for more information
if you are single and having sex with your bf, have you consider closing your legs?
If you don't have children, don't request the IUD. It does have the risk of causing scarring of the uterus, which does lead to problems with infertility.





Perhaps you may want to ask about the NuvaRing... I myself don't know TOO much about it, but I know that it's safer than the IUD.





Good luck to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment