Sunday, January 24, 2010

What form of birth control do you use?

and do you like it? I am at total loss on what is a good option for me to use. Im not good at taking pills, Im allergic to some condoms so i just stay away from them all..plus my husband doesn't like them. Im leaning more towards an iud but they scare the hell out of me! So my question is what do you use and would you recommend it?What form of birth control do you use?
Hey hon, they have great condoms if you wanted to give it a go. If you're allergic to the latex in them, they have vegan condoms made without latex.. other than that, they have condoms that are vegan as well made from natural latex.





The lady who owns the Sensual Vegan ships VERY fast! Also check the FAQ if you want to get the sizes right.








http://www.thesensualvegan.com/mm5/merch鈥?/a>





Those condoms are called Glyde, they're under the ';safer sex'; tab, I linked you to her main site. You can look up the condoms if you'd like to.








http://www.veganessentials.com/catalog/n鈥?/a>








That is a condom without latex, it can be stored in a wallet without fear of it becoming unusable - so that could add a bit of fun ;) They are called ';Unique'; if for some reason you'd like to look it up on your own.








I have a problem with getting UTI's from the spermacide - so none of that is in here, that is why I order Glyde.





I use pills and condoms, it really isn't so bad.





I used to be awful at remembering, but I'd set an alarm on my phone and it'd go off when it was time to take my pill. Eventually I just kept remembering!








Planned parent hood says this reguarding the costs...





';If you need an exam, it may cost about $35 to $250. Each injection costs between $30 and $75, and each visit after the initial exam may cost between $20 and $40.';





The link has a little question - and - answer thing that tells what they'd suggest for you to use with birth control.





Personally, I would get used to taking the pill every day or using a condom.





I can understand why you don't want to use one and why your husband wouldn't want to use one either, so thats alright.





The depo shot says it causes bone density loss, on this website.. it also says it can cause hair loss, hot flashes, and 70% of users gain weight. http://www.birth-control-comparison.info鈥?/a>





Good luck!What form of birth control do you use?
For five years now, I have been using male condom, spermicide gel, and the Nuvaring (or Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo) all at the same time and, so far, they have never failed me. Since you are allergic to condoms, I suggest a hormonal contraceptive like the pill or the Nuvaring or the patch. The good thing about the Nuvaring and the patch is that, unlike pills, you don't have to remember to take them because they are always there. The shot is also good too, but very pricey. I have a think against the IUD though because it caused my aunt to miscarry so many times before she had my cousin. That was the old IUD though. They are made differntly now, but still scary. I only know one other woman who uses it. Also there is ther cervical cap (type it in on Google images if not sure what it looks like). It works best when combined with spermicide gel. Hope I helped and good luck!
I had my IUD put in 4 weeks ago. I have the same issues as you with other methods, I even have 2 babies as a result of too many missed bc pills! So I opted for Mirena, I refused to do anything permanent. So far I have had a few ';issues';.... I am STILL spotting and a lot!. also I have gained a few pounds, thinking that has more to do with going back to work then the IUD. Other than that I have not had any issues so far with it. Not to be graphic, but, ( in case you were wondering) my husband claimed he could feel a difference the first 2 or 3 times, since then he said all seems to be ';back to norm';....sorry...LOL.....but that was my BIGGEST concern on getting the IUD. If that was t-m-i, I apologize!
I have had a norplant, depo, iud, and the pill and I would say by far the iud is the best. The one I had was the copper T (or called para guard) which last 10 years and was hormone free. I did have it expel and come out but I honestly believe that it was the dr that inserted it or a one in a million. I had the norplant put in by the same dr and one of the sticks came out of my arm. I went to have the stick replaced right away and had non stop bleeding for over a month. I then found out I was pregnant. I hated the norplant and would never ever recommend it. I was so emotional also. The depo did the same thing non stop bleeding so I was told I needed estrogen and progesterone birth control only. After this baby I am having my tubes tied. Best of Luck!
Nuva ring, it would be perfect for someone in your situation...it's a low dose of hormones and you put it in once a month. it doesn't cause any prolonged irregular bleeding like mirena or depo provera (i was on it and bled to whole time, so didn't my cousin, and my best friend had it happen with mirena, you have a 50% chance of it happening to you), and you can take it out whenever you want. and also, women generally get pregnant within a couple cycles of coming off of it, unlike mirena or depo provera....
I was on the pill for 15 years before we decided to have children. Yes I would forget the occasional pill but I never had any scares and my periods were like clockwork and short (about 4 days). It cost me about $15/month.





I have heard the depo shot works but I have also noticed spending as much time as I have in the TTC board how much trouble women are having TTC after coming off the shot. It sounds to me like it really messes up your system and hormones. Honestly (and this is just my personal opinion), anything that causes your periods to completely go away (other than pregnancy or menopause lol), CAN'T be good for your body. There is a reason women were made to menstruate, just keep that in mind!!
I loathed the Depo shot! Do NOT do it! It really messes up your hormones. Did you know it was originally designed to chemically castrate sex offenders?? SICK. I will never use it again.


I have used pills, but like you I often forget to take them.





I currently use FAM (Fertility Awareness Method), and am a total convert. :) It's free, has no harmful side effects, and is SO easy!! All you do is stick a thermometer in your mouth first thing each morning (while still lying in bed), and keep track of it (there are a zillion free online charts) along with your cervical fluid. You can also check your cervix since it changes throughout your cycle and helps indicate your fertile days.


http://www.ovusoft.com/library/primer002鈥?/a>
Well my husband doesn't like condoms either. I'll be on the mini pill for a while since I'll be breastfeeding then I'm going to ask my doctor about the depo shot. I really don't want anything inserted in me either. It scares me too =)
I used the Mirena and HATED it. It gave me horrible cramping, and acne :( :( :(





I also used the pill, but kept forgetting to take it of course.





The patch is very easy, no problems there. The shot was great but I gained about 5 pounds-no big deal.
I have the mirena. I love it. I was a little freaked out my getting an iud also, but they are the most effective, and I havn't had any side effects of it. I am very happy with my choice :-)
my friend seems to like the patch.


maybe you should try it





but whatever you do stay away from the shot!


its no good for you.


or anyone.
20 years on the pill and then my husband got a vasectomy.
depo- no periods
None.
Me and my girl use none. nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment