Sunday, January 24, 2010

Religion is often said to be form of social control?

Religion is often said to be a form of social control.


Is this a valid function for religion? Why or why not?


Give any example if you have.Religion is often said to be form of social control?
Form follows function.





For some reason, I think the creators of religion were aware of this saying.Religion is often said to be form of social control?
I believe that is true, if you are talking about most religion. But Christianity is not a religion, it is a relationship with God through Jesus Christ. I strive to obey God, not out of fear. but out of love for God. Because He loves me and has done so much for Him, my desire is to please Him. Also, I have realized that when I am obedient to God, my life works better.
It is a form of social control. Look at the republican party. It's not valid. Look where they are now, insignificant.
I saw a documentary about how school as we now know it was started in England by the Catholic church to teach children how to behave. It was strict and abusive centuries ago. I think it was the 16th or 17th century....
An example? Look at the entire history of Western Civilization.
It certainly does the job. God's will tends to scare the mindless masses much more than government enforcement of law.
If you don't take the training wheels off you never learn to ride properly.
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment