Friday, January 22, 2010

Where can I go to get a form of birth control?

I don't know what center to go to..and I want to be secretive about it.I don't mind being on the pill but I would rather take the shot.Can anybody point me in the right direction?Where can I go to get a form of birth control?
You can try to go to a free clinic. For some people they give free supplies. But, for the shot you'd have to go see a doctor. You cannot give it to yourself, and I don't think free clinics do it. But, I'm just saying, you should probably not get the shot. Two of my cousins got it and gained 50 lb.s each within four months. But, yeah, a free clinic or go see your doctor.Where can I go to get a form of birth control?
Hi courtney. you can go to any Planned Parenthood clinic depending on ur age but i think the age limit is 16 and up they can help u with the shot or any birth control method of ur choice, just look it up around your neighborhood. u don't need ur parents to go with u, Good luck
I also had friends who gained weight from the shot. I'm not familiar with how to get that since I have been on the pill about ten years now, but when I was looking into less expensive options for my birth control pills, my primary care doctor told me that I could get them free from planned parenthood. You can go online and see where there is a location near you. They would keep things confidential and provide the birth control, sex ed, etc.
Consider IUD. They are by far the most effective contraceptive method (of course abstinence is still the best)... IUD lasts 12 months; shots have to be given once every 3 months.


Shots work too, but considering the effectiveness... and i think it's better not to fiddle with hormones in the body because they might not have only one effect on our bodies, and also some side effects that vary between individuals might arise.


Ultimately it will still be your choice.


I guess some GPs can do it (IUD and shots), but in my opinion a gynae would be better skilled.
if you go to your local health department, you probably won't be able to get the shot. please do some research on the shot and talk to your doc- go see a gyn- about it. i've had a few friends who had horrible reactions to the shots and almost died. the others who did fine on it did gain a good bit of weight though.
Pharmacy.


Target, Walmart, CVS, Walgreen's, Rite Aid, etc.





You have to get the prescription from your doctor first.





-Good luck(:


Azngurl K
Go to your doctor.

No comments:

Post a Comment