Friday, January 22, 2010

Mirena is it a good form of birth control?

you know that little wish bone thing you have put in you for like 5 years? well my boyfriend told me to get on that. (because weve been doing it for 3 years no protection.) and im not really the birth control type because i heard it increased the risk of breast cancer and i already have a risk cause of my family but i was thinking about that thing anyway just to be safe. is it a good idea? if not what are some other good birth controls?Mirena is it a good form of birth control?
I think it depends on they type of breast cancer you have a risk of. My mother had an estrogen-dependent breast cancer, so I have to avoid all birth control that contains estrogen. That pretty much limited me to the mini-pill, the shot, and Mirena. I have tried all three. I personally wouldn't recommend the shot.





Mirena is actually recommended for women that have had at least one pregnancy, so you may have a hard time finding a doctor that will give it to you. That being said, I love it.





You should sit down with your doctor to discuss all of your options. He or she will know what would be appropriate for your situation.





EDIT: About 20% of all Mirena users stop having a period completely. The rest have shorter, lighter periods.Mirena is it a good form of birth control?
I'm not on it yet but I am 9 months pregnant and once I do start BC again that is what I'm going to use. They do say though that you should have at least one child before getting it. The depo shot is an option but I don't recommend it. It ruined my life for almost 3 years. Horrible side effects.





I'm not trying to come off as rude to the woman who had the really horrible experience with Mirena, but that seems really rare. I'm not saying that it can't happen, it just doesn't seem as likely for all of those side effects because there are no hormones involved. It sounds more like her body rejected it. Just like a womans body can reject breast implants it's a foreign object and it can happen.
I found the Mirena coil to be superb. The best thing about it is you don't need to remember to take any pills and antibiotics don't interfere with it. Just note though that for the few months after it being fitted, you an have a bit of 'spotting' before your periods stop.
i am 37 and had a baby 15 months ago. i used the Mirena after the birth of my son and let me tell you.......





i had side effects that i never related to the Mirena until i read stories online. I thought i was dying a very slow death





My family doctor had no clue what to do with me. my numorous blood works were good. i had all Thyroid symptoms but my Thyroid levels were good so it confused both of us.





My Symptoms:





LOTS OF CONTINUOUS WEIGHT GAIN


I can bearly walk sometimes, legs weak, arms weak, back stiff


My body is always stiff


headaches / painful migrains


lower back aches


dont sleep as well


extreme weight gain after baby


pot belly / blowted


extreme depression


tight and swollen belly


very fatigued and tired


Terrible contant odor down there


problems concentrating / focusing


tightness in my chest, like my heart hurts


had numorous testing done for thyroid, ms, lupus, fatigue, etc... all negative


==no sex drive, completely gone. told husband i see him as a friend now. Had sex only 3 times with 8 months only to make HIM happy. Each time was uncomfortable. And I really didn鈥檛 care for it.








i told my OBGYN to get it out, i dont want it. she took it out and within 3 days my body felt sooooo much better. I felt normal again. it took several weeks for all side effects to go away but it was the worst time of my life








cp

No comments:

Post a Comment