Friday, January 22, 2010

What is the best form of Birth Control? (pill,shot,patch) which is the least likely to make you fat?

I have been using the NuvaRing for about 7 months now and I LOVE it! I haven't had any weight gain, and it is so nice only having to think about it twice a month...putting it in and taking it out 3 weeks later.What is the best form of Birth Control? (pill,shot,patch) which is the least likely to make you fat?
The only one I can recommend and won't make you gain weight is the IUD, but with this you won't get pregnant for 5 yrs unless you get it taken out. It's painless and you never have to remember to take anything or put anything on your skin.What is the best form of Birth Control? (pill,shot,patch) which is the least likely to make you fat?
Theoretically, no birth control is all that great for your body. Most have them have been linked to some sort of ovarian cancer, cysts, or problem with conception later in life. But for all intents and purposes, the shot or IUD will probably give you the results that you want. Little to no discomfort and no remembering to take or apply at a certain time. But I heard that the OrthoEvra patch has recently been linked to serious side effects like heart attack, stroke, and blood clots. So be sure to talk that over w/ur doctor 1st. As far as weight gain, my friends that are on birth control say the IUD doesn't usually cause dramatic weight gain. But again, ur doctor would have more substantial evidence about that.
I've been on all three. I gained 25lbs on the shot and bled for six weeks. I liked the pill, only gained 5 lbs, but it was hard to take it at the same time everyday. I LOVE the patch, I've lost weight,think about it once a week and it stays on perfectly. I swim, shower, exercise and nothing seems to unstick it until I pull it off. Seriously, your doctor should help you decide what is right for you, but given the option, go for the patch.
PUT A SPONGE BETWEEN YOUR LEGS AN KEEP IT THERE

No comments:

Post a Comment