Friday, January 22, 2010

Is breastfeeding a reliable form of birth control?

I've been nursing my 11 months old son and I'm still secretly dating his fatherIs breastfeeding a reliable form of birth control?
'secretly'? like, you're with 2 men? or is his father married to another woman?


whew! definitely would NOT rely on breast feeding as birth control ..... eeek! if it's either situation above, that will NOT be fun to explain to the other woman ...





EDIT --


thanks NY_Attitude for adding that info! wow, NO! breast feeding is NOT a form of birth control .. it just delays periods which means that your periods would be irregular from the breast feeding and you could be pregnant for MONTHS before you even realize it! PLEASE get on the mini-pill, that is what I am on because I breast feed my son during the day!


I have friends who BECAME PREGNANT WHILE BREAST FEEDING exclusively!!


PLEASE BE CAREFUL!Is breastfeeding a reliable form of birth control?
No, it isn't. Try going on a progesterone-only pill. That's why they have them.
nope, only abstinence is the 100% reliable form of birth control. breastfeeding is a reliable form of feeding your son.
If you are breast feeding septuplets, it will work. Just because you will not have time for sex.





Otherwise, I always thought women should just have one breast any way, so that I don't have to worry about which one to give attention to. Am I doing it evenly? All of that.





But 2 are handy if she has to feed the baby while we are doing it.
No. My friend just had an unexpected pregnancy that way. The babies are less than a year apart now! I think she got nocked up like 2 weeks or so after the first one! Opps!
Secretly dating your son's father? Hmmmm. Somehow I don't think your telling us the whole story. Breastfeeding was never considered a form of birth control. I don't know where you got that from.
not at all...u can soo get prego again. be carefull...any doc u ask will tell u the same
no, not at all. why is it a secret that your dating your kids dad?
nope
It is not protection at all. I would guess that your first child might be off the breast soon and you could get on birth control.
no it is not.ask my mom....3 in a row a year apart.


Jazzmine dirty martini and amanda and I know what we are talking about.trust me.trust experience with this type of situation.i constantly live in fear that my son's father will come back and kidnapp my son and take him to mexico.lucky for me my fiancee is here to keep that from happening.but i still never let my son out of my sight just for that.
No it's not.





Jazzmine, you have got to STOP seeing this man.





People, please read this child's history of questions.....and advise her accordingly.
Nope;definately not 100% guranteed.It supresses ovulation but is not a sure-sure thing...Do have a combination usage of oral and physical contraceptive ;should you really want to avoid any unexpected pregnancy
hey jazzmine-


It is not a reliable form of birth control at all.


Likewise, you need to stay far, far away from your baby's father. What if he tries to take your baby ie. kidnap him?


Please stay far, far away from him. This whole situation worries me. YOU are a very, very bright teen-ager- capable of many great things by the looks of it. I would not have known you were only 16 if you hadn't written it last night. Very mature and very bright.


Good luck to you!
No its not sorry to say ,my sister got pregnant breastfeeding u will fall pregnant i still feed my little girl i make shore that i use protection u should unless u would like more baby's its ur chose hope all gos well
  • eye color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment